Sunday, March 24, 2013

project three=thumbs up


I finally found the one project I felt so confident on writing. Project three was a bit difficult in the beginning in how to structure the paper because on the day of the first edit I did not come in class with a complete finish draft. Though one day it all came through when I concentrated and finally all my ideas were coming up. My two positives of my topic choice are the fact I was able to find two pictures that was able to connect with my reasons. For example, my figure one made the strongest argument in why pageant is not a virtuous idea for young girls (Salazar 2). I talk about how the appearances of the young girls are too exaggerated with make-up, extensions and revealing outfits that parents shouldn’t expose to their daughters in such a young age (Salazar 2). Secondly, the topic I chose I was able to find variety of great sources to include in my paper. I added so many sources that help my paper be strong and made it neutral as well. I would positively talk about why it is a good idea for children’s pageant and then input the negative comments after (Salazar 3).

            In contrast, I did have my struggles when writing my paper when it came to the first edit. I was freaking out, one of my negative in writing project three was I was only able to find negative sources of children’s pageant. I had one a few sentences for the first edit and I felt so terrible about it but I just did not want to “BS” my paper if I did not have pros to my topic. So the day on edit I went home and hard core researching pros to my topic and finally I did. This indeed helped my other struggle I had which was having less pages than of the requirements needed. After looking and researching for pros and cons I was able to write with no difficulty. Overall, I felt like project three really helped me realize how good of a writer I can be if I concentrate and really work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment